This is going to be somewhat short (sweet is debatable), but I think that, instead of looking online for photos, every blogger should have to get out and take their own pictures now and then. Here’s some reasons why:
- you already know what you want to write about, so it’s easier to snap an appropriate shot.
- it will add something to your day you don’t normally do.
- it will make you have to discover beauty.
- it may change your thoughts about what you intended to write in the process — and that could be a good thing.
- you will appreciate people in the digital art and photography space even more for the things they do.
- you’ll learn a new skill or find an active way to apply something you do as a hobby. it may become more than this.
If you’re lucky, it will also bring you into new experiences and people. If you’re looking for a spot with a lot of people cheering, you may end up at a local event you wouldn’t have otherwise gone to. If you were looking for a serene picture, it may take you to the park for a while (when was the last time that you took your professional self to a park?) where you’ll end up finding something you wouldn’t have expected (when was the last time you enjoyed discovery a fun little nugget in the tangible world?) or even seeing something that make you smile at humanity for a while.
If you’re lucky like me, you may even find a beautiful sun meeting you as you go.